what's what: monday morning check in!

WEEK 4 - POST 1

I missed my week 3 check-in.

I was finalising my blog design with the web designer and I had an event for my part-time job and this check-in just fell through the cracks.  I did get a few things done for the blog but again things bled into my "biz" days and here I am again on a Monday (my biz day) and I feel a bit lost.  I have three things on my list this week: more blog posts (with photos), order business cards and get out (research/inspiration/etc).

Other things "seem" more important - shopping for exercise clothes, cleaning the kitchen, going for a swim and it would be OK if I just "did" these things but them seem to involve alot of thinking (when is the best time to go, what should I do first, do I really have time for all this) which then just overwhelms and gets me stuck.

I am way overdue on my C.P. feedback so that is going to be a priority today.  I really want to go for a swim (but the debate of when and how are making it too complicated) so we will see if that happens.  It's another hot day, so it would have been good to go early (but I was tired and stiff and unsure).

It's the mind I have to quiet and ease through for all of this (including the business).


What's Inspiring You This Week:

I read in feedly an article about where to go for a picnic.  It offered places that had history, romance, stunning scenery, etc.  But for all the articles about it (including one I want to write on my own) I still don't see that many people go for picnics.  Lots of new Canadians at parks close to water, some on Major's Hill but there are so many parks that are empty, unused except for dogs and soccer and ultimate frisbee.  So I'm wondering about that - would love to bring back croquet or lawn bowling to parks.  What gives?

So it's inspiring to see that these types of topics are still making headlines but I want to know what is the secret ingredient to getting actual turnover.  Hmmmmmm....

Also working in the kitchen today.  Love the new location!! (This is my "blogging" location in the house!)


Where Are you Stuck This Week:

I am stuck with all this head stuff as I wrote up above.  I know that I need to get out first thing (for exercise) or it just doesn't get done.  It's all the "I have to get changed, and then I'll be sweaty and then I'll have to take a shower..." so a 30 minute excursion feels like 2 hours in my head even before I start!

I also have to stop seeing this time as an opportunity to do "other" things like shop at Value Village (just because I have access to the car as V. biked today).  I have to do those errands at the same time as others - in the evenings or weekends!


What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

It's OK, you are figuring it out.  You are here in the kitchen trying to change your scenery and reinspire and reinvigorate.  It's OK if you don't get in a swim today.  There will be lots of other times to go.  Remember she said - she went swimming most of September?  yay!!  And even if the temperature dips tomorrow, it will be warm again later this week.

Your brain is trying to offer you something simple to do to distract.  (Shop for clothes.)  You think that if you buy this stuff, it will stop, but it won't.  There will just be more stuff to buy, more things to do, more distractions offered!


What Will You Commit To For This Week:

I did work on my static pages and the website is complete!  (Yay!) There are a couple of things I'd like to update at some point but maybe after a year I can do a blog refresh and then think of a bigger better blog design as things grow.  It's GREAT for now.

I have four new posts (one still needs photos).  I will do a soft launch to friends, etc. after I have 8 - 10 posts.  The schedule I'm working with would mean that there would be seven posts by this Wednesday - so eight for the end of this month and ten by July 13th.  GREAT!!

Six this week
Eight next week
Ten by first week of July (which will mean I'm ahead at that point)
and then hopefully always a couple of posts ahead after this!

Three things I'm committing to:
- Finish "SEASONS" static page (text + photos)
- One Blog Post (hopefully two but no pressure!)
- Order Business Cards

If I have more time:
- Add Mer Bleue to page
- Add photo of him to photographer page





 OK, that's me... now tell me about you!!

 What's Inspiring You This Week:

 Where Are you Stuck This Week:

 What Is The Message You Need To Hear:

 What Will You Commit To For This Week:


No comments:

Post a Comment